In a nutshell:
IDEO Shanghai is in search of a Senior Talent Specialist who will provide HR and employee relation support. This position is ideal for someone who is able to create appropriate guidelines and support for extremely creative professionals. The ability to effectively partner and work with our senior leadership is a must.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
IDEO is not a corporate organization or culture. Rather, it is a very non-hierarchical, non-traditional, creative and dynamic organization filled with a community of people who love what they do and are committed to helping others be successful. Our Talent processes and approach are not paint by number. To us, finding the right people to hire and helping our people and their careers succeed and thrive at IDEO is a creative challenge.
The Senior Talent Specialist will make the biggest impact by being able to support a dynamic community of creative professionals. They have the ability to shape the experience of IDEOers, from designers to to leadership, through creating guidelines and providing leadership support that allows others to thrive.
Once here you will:
- Ensure we are aligned - where possible - with IDEO’s global HR practices (accepting that country employment law must supersede where necessary)
- Help to ensure consistency and compliance with relocation and immigration experiences
- Partner with Asia’s Talent Director and location leadership to lead or facilitate talent initiatives
- Administer and co-design benefits plans, process leaves of absence and assist with expat tax issues.
- Support the onboarding experience for all new hires
- Conduct exit interviews and communicate trends to leadership
- Work as part of an HR team across Asia and globally
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
As a Senior Talent Specialist in IDEO Shanghai, we provide the opportunity for you to:
- Be part of a local and global talent team working on cutting-edge talent initiatives
- Forge close relationships with amazing people both inside and outside of IDEO
- Work in an open environment that is shared by IDEOers of all disciplines and levels
Relevant experience and mindset:
- 3-5 years of HR Generalist experience
- A good understanding of employment law and knowledge of best practices in people management at MNC’s
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment where strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask are essential.
- Strong empathic skills, emotional maturity, and discretions
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- The ability to improve processes, develop strong working relationships, and make an impact on the organization.
- Experience in the design, start-up or creative industry, a plus
- Our work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players that have great interpersonal & communication skills, learn quickly, work smart, are comfortable with working under pressure and thrive working with creative design professionals.