IDEO helps companies innovate. We design products, services, environments, and digital experiences for organizations seeking new ways to provide value for their customers. IDEO creates visible and tangible strategies for innovation and executes all aspects of design and development, from conception through production.
We are seeking a Senior Interaction Design Lead to join our Shanghai location. As a Senior Interaction Design Lead at IDEO you get to collaborate across disciplines to create integrated design solutions for a diversity of industries, scale and mediums. In this role you get exposure to and involvement with all parts of the design process: proposal writing, user research, concept development, prototyping, working with developers and design stewardship.
What are we looking for?
- Diverse project experience. You have experience in executing and leading teams through concept ideation, UI concepting/wireframing, design strategy, and working across multiple mediums.
- A generative work style. You are able to prototype rapidly in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity.
- Storytelling skills. You are able to compellingly communicate the story of design solutions to clients.
- Leadership experience. You have experience leading a project team, managing scope, managing deliverables, and managing client interactions.
- By the way, for this position you need an interaction design degree and at least 10 years of experience.
Once you are here you will:
- Get the opportunity to go out in the field with your team to build empathy for a user’s needs first-hand through things like watching a surgical procedure, exploring the house of a hoarder, or flying a flight simulator.
- Get to work with people (like product designers, interaction designers, communication designers, electrical and mechanical engineers) who do things that seem like magic; together you’ll be able to prototype quickly and realistically.
- Get to work on projects, like a recent automotive one, where we were able to design every aspect of the in-vehicle experience, from physical controls, multi-screen UI, and voice interactions in an integrated way because of the diversity of disciplines that we brought together.
- Get to part of all types of projects and use your systematic approach to designing at both macro- and micro-interactions help create an integrated design and approach.
Some previous projects to check out:
Interaction design happens at a variety of scales. Give examples of designs you use regular that inspire you and demonstrate this idea.